Sunday, October 3, 2021

Grub/Pub Crawl - South Orange Ave: Gatlin Hall Brewing and Willy's Original

I tried these places at lunch on Friday. I had meant to try them the night before, but, Jet Blue did their usual awful worst to make that impossible. They are near Le Coq au Vin. Next to the Porch. Worth a visit.

Gatlin Hall Brewing - I had samples of the NE Pale Ale and NE IPA. Both were good. Hoppy. 5oz pours had different prices. Started at $2.50. The place looks nice. TVs with sports on. Tables and a bar. They host the next place and a pizza place that is opening on Wednesday and a Da Kine Poke stalls. Open from 11am to 11pm. Opened around a month ago. Had customers at 11am.

Willy's Original - They sell five burgers and three chicken sands and salads and dogs. Also fries and curds. I had the All American (cheese, two patties, veg) for $10. It was fine. Big Mac-ish. But fancier. A little chewy. Veg were fresh. Bun was good. They put the meat on the grill as a ball and press it. I used to be able to comment on "the grind" when the burger thing became a thing. Now I'm not sure I can tell how they do it. 

No comments: