Sunday, December 18, 2022

Dental Check Up Tutorial

Previously I gave you some information on root canals. This time it is just some anecdotal information on your garden variety dental work. All of the parties listed are in the Lake Mary area. I'm doing this to give some idea of how to combat all the games they seem to be playing on us. These prices are for people without dental insurance. I suspect they will be higher for the insured. I've been seen by all before (except the one I chose).

I used to just take the most current $49-$69 new patient flyer they mailed you. However, the scam that started repeating itself is that they would say you needed a "deep" cleaning once you were in the chair. These guys kind of try and hose you on your initial visit on on the recurring visits. You have to ask for both prices. And the prices changed if I called more than once. Could be my error in transcribing. You also have to demand the dentist you want. They have a staff.

The dentist I selected gave me a bi-annual cleaning, exam, xrays, etc for $300. And they didn't find any other issues. This was more consistent with previous exams. Some of the dentists here said I had cracks in multiple teeth, massive gum recession, etc and wanted to charge me mega bucks for further procedures. Now maybe this guy missed things. We'll see.

Jessica Du: $45 initial exam, $25 xrays, $79 full mouth xrays, $110 cleaning, $180 recurring visits (?), $500 deep clean/scaling per zone (upper and lower).

Kevin Bonn - $89 initial exam, $122 xrays, $164 full mouth xrays, $166 cleaning, $375 recurring visits, $884 divided by quadrant if 1-3 teeth and $1136 divided by quadrant if 3+ deep clean/scaling.

Bryan Oeth - $50 initial exam, $65 xrays, $140 full mouth xrays, $90 cleaning, $205 recurring visits, $800 divided by quadrant if 1-3 teeth and $1040 divided by quadrant if 3+ deep clean/scaling. $300 BI-ANNUAL ALL INCLUSIVE "INSURANCE" OPTION. Deep Cleaning/Scaling not included. But, discounts on such things. (20% I think).

Tim Tiralosi - $125 initial exam, $170 xrays, $250 full mouth xrays. I couldn't get more out of them. Didn't care because it was obviously ridiculous already. I went to him once in the past. Didn't take to him. He kept trying to sell other things like botox. Prices soared since then.

Alexsandra Shaykova - $60 initial visit ($112 after) exam, $111 xrays, not sure of cost for full mouth xrays, $114 cleaning, $337 recurring visits, $1294 divided by quadrant deep clean/scaling.

Once again, I chose Bryan Oeth because of the $300 plan. His regular visit was more than that. I basically got an extra exam per year and if he had tried to do the deep cleaning  boondoggle, he was competitive on that too. And I actually expected I would need that and more before the visit. I came in with tooth pain that remained since the root canal months before. It is all gone after the cleaning. I guess I had some residual infections. I believe he went to University of Indiana. His hygenist was top notch. Good because his exam wasn't exactly thorough. She did most of the explaining/diagnosing. He has another dentist in house and other hygenists.



No comments: