Saturday, December 24, 2022

Smokey Jay's Bar B Que, Orlando

I tried this bbq place in a hidden strip mall on 50 (farther east than 417) today. Look for the sign. It's the way I found it. They said they have been in business since 2008. I think. Here for only six months. They do pork, brisket, chicken, ribs etc. On site. Only Wed-Sn. Until sold out. I've mistimed it twice before. I tried a pulled pork sandwich for $8. Very moist. Maybe a bit tacky. Good taste though. I had the spicy yellow sauce on it. Bun was plastic bag quality. Didn't eat it. Place is nothing to write home about. Not even an open sign. I think I need another deeper dive to decide on it. Order at a counter. Only owner and another here today. It was x-mas eve though. Said they would be closed until January 3. So, put that on your calendar.

*I drove through Winter Park last Monday night. Park Avenue Tavern is still not open. Did see a place next door that seemed open. Just not that night. Piano something. Not sure how long they have been there. Hen and Hog was open but closed on Monday. Next to Tin and Taco on Virginia. Plus the coffee place next door that I reviewed recently is now a bagel place. Only day hours. Ramen place near Virginia seemed still not open. Pizza place in Maitland seemed too fast food like. Fresh and Co open next to 7-11 on Park Ave. I also learned that carrots are now orange thanks to the Dutch and their love of Phillip of Orange. Hundreds of years ago. Will have another review and Travel Notes soon.

No comments: