Sunday, February 8, 2009

Aashirwad, I Drive

I had lunch number 2 at this Northern Indian restaurant off Kirkman this Sunday. It was a buffett for $9.95. It had about 10 items, salad bar, rice desert and Chata something (chickpeas, potato and the green sauce - cold) designated as an appetizer. I tried all 10 entress. The Chicken Tikka Masala was the creamiest I've ever encountered. The basmati rice was fine. The eggplant with lentils was good. As was the black beans, egg in curry sauce, potatos and lentils and Tandoori chicken. The chicken 60- something (amount of spices) was a little gamey. I don't like dark meat or bones. The place was very well decorated. It was full (80% Indians). It was clean. the service was good. It's in the strip mall holding Bill Wong's (overlooking Kirkman).

No comments: