Monday, February 16, 2009

Red Bamboo, I Drive - Closed

On Friday night I ate at this Thai restaurant near Family Fun Park. I had the Red Bamboo entree of shrimp on a nest of brocolli in the house sauce for $13.95. I inquired if it was a Thai dish and they said it was the chef's special dish (whatever that meant). The sauce seemed a little more Vietnamese than Thai. I think it had soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce and sirachi. It was tasty. There were about 10 shrimp (24's) and maybe 20 pieces of brocolli. The place was clean and new. They actually spent some money on authentic decor. The service was a bit in your face. Do Asian people come in knowing what they want? Here's a tip. If I'm reading the menu, I'm not ready. Another pet peeve. They were out of one of the two Thai beers they put on the menu. Don't list it if you can't keep it in stock. All in all it deserves better than to be empty on a Friday night.

No comments: