Friday, April 3, 2009

Patio Grill, Sanford

I had lunch at this American eatery today. It's just past 417 on 17-92. I had a "corned beef" sandwich for $7. I inserted the quotation marks because this wasn't corned beef. It didn't even look or taste as good as the meat you get in those 33 cent packets from the supermarket. It looked like ham. It tasted like nothing. It came on the poorest excuse for rye bread that I have ever seen. It must have been white bread that they jammed rye seed into. The swiss cheese was as flacid as it was extraneous. The worst "corned beef" sandwich I have ever had. If they asked the most non-jewish person in the world to recreate a corned beef sandwich this would be it. I'm suprised it didn't come with mayo. Take this off the menu. It came with a large bowl of Shrimp Bisque. This was both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because the bisque was quite good. A curse because they put those little canned shrimp in it. Little shrimp? You couldn't even buy and expiring shrimp cocktail tray from Publix? Talk about cheap. And that's the problem with this place. They have no respect for the building blocks of acceptable cuisine - ingredients. It's a shame because I think they could have received a good review if they didn't dig themselves such a hole to begin with. I feel for that chef (unless of course he is buying the food). Aside from that, this place is a little cleaner than their 434 location. Although, it was decorated from the Buy Direct or Home Depot collection. The service was ok. Although, she did forget to run a couple of errands for me. The tableware was clean. It was fairly crowded with a Sanford crowd. I'm sure they love this place and eat here every day. I need a little more.

No comments: