Saturday, April 11, 2009

Seoul Gardens, Winter Park

I had dinner at this Korean restaurant across from where Melting Pot used to be on Friday night. I had a stew/soup with beef broth, rice cakes, clear noodles, egg and beef dumplings for $11.99. It came with 8 of those appetizer cups (fish cake, bean sprouts, kim chi, potatoes, dried beans, etc). I found it tasty. And I think I finally accepted the cavalcade of flavors argument. These things really work against each other. However, I think if your stomach is strong enough to jump from spicy to sour to sweet to whatever and back it can give you quite a satiating ride. It's like a game. Oh, that tastes like crap. What should I do to cover the taste? The place is in what must have been a French restaurant a one time because the decor remains. The place is large (60 people). However only 5 others were dining with me. They also only had one waitress. It was clean. The tableware was clean (had to mess up chopsticks and a spoon). There was no language barrier.

No comments: