Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bavarian Bar and Grill, Longwood - Closed

I had lunch at this German restaurant on 17-92 before 434 on Saturday. I had the Sauerbraten for $9. I was delicious (especially for sour/pickled beef). They gave you two large cuts of loin smothered in a rich, beef gravy. The fries were crisp as chips. The place is a little underwhelming (especially from the street). I have eaten here once before (pre-blog) and not much has changed. It has low ceilings. There is a bar (with plenty of German beer) at the far end near the kitchen. Booths dominate the outer rim near the windows. The space in between is kind of spartan. They decorate with beer paraphernalia. Soccer was on the flat screen. The place seats about 80. There were two other tables of three when I was was there (or should I say Ich?). The waiter (1) was courteous and knowledgeable. It was clean. They have schnitzel, brats, spatlese and other favorites. May be a better value than the more famous German restaurant in Sanford.

No comments: