Monday, February 15, 2010

Fresh, Lake Mary - Closed

I ate lunch at this new seafood restaurant next to Stonewood on Lake Mary Blvd today. I had seafood chowder for $3 and fish tacos for $5. The chowder had a tomato base and was spicy. They said it was flounder in it , but, I think it was tilapia. It had some nice, fresh veggies in it. The tacos (2) were made with mahi-mahi. I had them blackened. They were really well cooked (not dry or very black). The tortillas were fresh and it came with pineapple (probably canned), romaine slivers and some sauce that I can't remember. Nice job for $5. I mean Vamanos charges like $8 for a far inferior version. Most things are cheap (available lunch and dinner). The special was the most expensive and I think it was $12. Sides are $2. Oysters (in the shell) of 50 cents. Desserts were $3. Sandwiches were $7. They also have wine and salads. They re-did the place well (probably best of use of this space to date). They have stainless stell wainscotting and blue walls with fish motif. The tables have maps of the Keys on them. It seats about 90. The service (2) was polite and efficient. The silverware was clean. They have fresh fish to go. A great surprise. Not only did we need a fish place in that strip mall, we needed anything good. This place can satisfy a taco craving, a burger craving, a salad craving and of course a fish craving. Can't wait to go back and try the mahi-mahi cheese steak. You douche bags better not let this place flounder.

If I can offer one suggestion, I would recommend that they make the place look more open. I know it's cold so the doors have to be closed, but, you can't tell it's open driving by. You also have no idea it's a fish restaurant. I thought I'd be auditioning a salad bar.

No comments: