Friday, February 5, 2010

BBQUMI, Winter Park

I had a take-out dinner at this new BBQ restaurant on Fairbanks near Spatz Pool Hall in Winter Park on Wednesday. It has been open since Monday. It's a small, coffee shop type spot. They have parking in the rear. It seats about 40. It's decorated with a sports sensibility. It was empty at 3pm. I had a brisket sandwich combo for $6.99. Pork was only $4.99. The brisket was good. It was medium rare in pieces. It fell apart easily. The hot sauce wasn't too hot. They steamed it before the gave it to me. The portion was adequate. The roll was fresh. I had a side of mac and cheese with it. It was a new recipe for me. I liked it. It seemed like it was baked like a casserole. It was tangy (parmesan cheese I think). The binder also looked like scrambled eggs, but I suspect that it was milk or cheese. It also came with a large soda. The place doesn't look like much inside or out, but, I was very happy with the food. It might not be 4 Rivers good, but, it has nothing to be ashamed of. I hope you find it.

No comments: