Friday, February 5, 2010

Nelore/Boi, Winter Park

I ate lunch at this Brazilian Churasscuria across from the Gap on E. Lyman in Winter Park this Wednesday. I'm not all about the $40+ meat-a-thons that they are known for. However, they offer reseanable lunch specials too. I had a chicken breast sandwich on a foccaccia roll for $8. It was covered with swiss cheese, field greens, sauteed/pickled onions and unfortunately red pepper that I had requested to be omitted. That was about the only thing wrong with it. The chicken was plump. The foccaccia was fine (I find it dusty and spongy always). They put low-fat ranch dressing on it. It doesn't need it. Didn't help it. Actually hurt it. But, local hayseeds probably demand it. Make them order it on the side so you don't penalize those with taste buds.

It came with choice of salad, soup or fries. I'm so glad I ordered the fries. They were double fried and crisp as hell. They have a wonderful salad bar for $10. It had shredded chicken, tuna salad, charcuterie, 4 rice and bean offerings that had pork or something akin to it in the name (I'm not sure if this is just flavoring or if you get meat with the offal), and soup and vegetables, etc. They suggest a side of meat with it. Since they have some meat at the bar and the cheapest side was $5+, I would stick to what's complimentary.

The service was good (3 for 100 seats). All girls. All Latinish. The uniforms were sharp. The space is a little too rectangular. There is not flow. Everything is on a cross grid. It feels like an obstacle course getting to your table. It must suck when/if it is at capacity. There were about 20 people there on Wednesday. Mostly professionals and ladies who lunch. The decor is modern/luxe. They have a bar on one side with 2 flat screens. The doors are usually open to let in air. I wonder what the acoustics are like when they're closed? All in all not a bad attempt. Gluttons rejoice.

No comments: