Monday, February 15, 2010

SEA, E. Colonial Drive (50)

Last Wednesday I had lunch at this self-described South East Asian (SEA) restaurant on 50 about halfway between 436 and Mills. It would have rated a very high mark had two things not bothered me. First, I was served raw chicken in their Firecracker appetizer. Thank god I didn't get sick. Second, they have the Asian penchant for rudeness. Now I don't know if it lost in their desire for efficiency or they are shy or they think they are superior, but, they just throw the food at you. No chit chat. No smiles. No glimmer of thankfulness that you have chosen to bestow your patronage on them. They rush you even when ordering. The male head waiter was the exception. Now the flip side is that the food comes out fast. Real fast.

I had a lunch special of shrimp (5 decent sized) with brocolli in a light sauce for $8. It came with nicely cooked rice in a square mold and the shrimp and chicken "spring roll like" fried Firecrackers. The plate was arranged decoratively. They did replace the raw offender. It was good. Although, I was a bit scared to bite in.

It was nice inside. It seats about 70. It was almost full. Mostly an up scale crowd. Which is funny because to look at the place from the outside you would betting it was a shit hole. But, it's not. It was clean. They have mostly Thai dishes. I would recommend it if they do something about to cure the terseness and the quality control.

No comments: