Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Crave, Orlando - Closed

Last Wednesday I had lunch at this "American" restaurant on Conroy Rd off I4. I had a Sashimi Special for $11. It was very good. I was apprehensive to make my indoctrination on a "non-American" food category, but, they do raw fish better than most Japanese restaurants. They served 3 large pieces each of Tuna, Salmon, White Tuna, Albacore and Yellowtail. All were fresh. The YT was even wild YT (black tipped). It came with rice (well cooked) and Miso (vinegar scented). The service was good. The place was clean. It's a large open room that is bisected from the bar area by a wine storage room. It's done in Bellagio mock-art deco style. Think Chilloully glass and maple wood. The prices were high on most items. I recommend only going for the lunch specials. The wines were even marked up more than the usual 3x retail. It seats around 200. They can expand to serve outside. The rest of the menu has what you'd expect in an "American" restaurant. I had heard some mixed reviews about this place, so that is why it took me so long to go there. However, for what I ordered, I couldn't have been more pleased. The $3 Coke was excessive.

No comments: