Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wild Jack's, I Drive - Closed

I went to this steakhouse for dinner on Friday. I had the steak special with fries for $10. The waitress said it was veal, but, I think I got a sirloin. In any case it was good for the price. It was mostly medium as requested. The fries were fine. It did take forever (30 minutes). The service was fine. I just planned on dipping my toe in because I don't pay to have someone cook me the easiest meal on the planet at steakhouse prices. But, I can't complain. The place is a notch below tasteful in it's cowboy theme - exposed work stations, coin operated carnival games and modern pool tables ruin the experience. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but, sometimes that makes you more disappointed for what it could be with a little effort. I guess you have to appeal to the kind of people that dine on I Drive. The place seats about 140. There were five others there at 6pm. They don't do lunch. Most meals came with some sort of potato and cost $17 and up.

No comments: