Friday, November 12, 2010

India Palace, Disney

I had dinner at this Indian restaurant on Palm Parkway (2nd street off the Downtown Disney Exit on 535) yesterday. We all know what that means. It was awful. The worst Dish I've had at any Indian restaurant and the worst Indian restaurant in Central Florida. I had the Chicken Dansak for $15. It was 6 small pieces of dark, thigh meat cooked with Dal Makhni (lentils). It tasted like the black beans' backwash from the bean container at Moe's. The only taste was the bitter insult of Bay Leaves and Cardamon. Now I can't say the rest of menu is bad, but, this dish has to go. I'm permanently scared away from this place. And at that price, the profit margin must have been $14. It came with basmati rice that didn't help the dish at all. The place seats about 90. It's ugly and cheap. Only one other person was there. Tables were not cleared from previous patrons. The worst part is how far I traveled to be afflicted by this mess. They advertise with upscale restaurants! Now that is a joke. If. If you must go, do the lunch special to limit your losses and stay away from the Dansak (Dan must mean Balls).

No comments: