Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Shalimar Tandoor, I Drive

I got an order of vegetable samosa to go from this Indian restaurant last Friday night. They (2) cost $5.50. They weren't bad when I had them on Saturday night. They were mostly potato and peas and came with a bitter, dill sauce to cut the heat. The place is a rectangular eye sore. The ceiling is near collapse and water stained. The windows are cheaply black out. Some of the art is ok, but, this is an establishment that has allocated next to nothing for the dining area. I hope the kitchen is better, but, I doubt it. Indians are not known to part with a penny if they can escape it. The place is all booths. It seats about 80. I bet the food tastes good. You just feel like you might be sharing it with a mouse. And at an average prices nearing twenty dollars per dish, you won't want to share. I wish I could say I'd go back. I won't. There are too many options. I'm also scared that they only do one lunch (on Monday) a week and it is a buffet. Can you say "cleaning out the refrigerator"?

No comments: