Wednesday, November 10, 2010

East Buffet, Longwood - Closed

I had lunch at this Asian buffet on 434 (in between 436 and I4) on Saturday. I had the lunch buffet for $6.99. Are you kidding me? What a value! A most worthy successor to Crazy Buffet (out of business) at half the price. They took away all the lame items at CB and kept the best. There were 10 types of sushi rolls. They were always replenished regularly. Thai food. Stir Fry Noodle area. Chinese. American. Desserts. I had the following. California Rolls, Salmon CC Rolls, Spider Rolls, Mango Rolls, East Rolls, Spicy Tuna Rolls, Tataki Rolls, Tempura Rolls, etc. I had Chicken in - peanut sauce, thai style, tempura nuggets, pepper sauce. I had pork dumplings. I had edamame. I had tempura. I had more. I just can't remember what. I almost had a food coma. The place seats about 100. It was pretty full. They did a great job refurbing this old Roadhouse. It is all stained wood inside. Lots of booths and an Asian feel. They have lots of staff. Question - Why do buffets have more staff than a regular restaurant? You do most of the work. I guess they can find alot of people who want the job because it's a cinch to do. All the staff was Asian (EEOC anyone?). Anyway. I highly recommend it even if they don't give you a receipt or take AMEX. A soda was only $1.49.

No comments: