Sunday, November 21, 2010

Genuine Bistro, Debary

I had lunch at this "bistro" on 17-92 and Beall Blvd on Wednesday. I say "bistro" because it's hard to see what dishes qualify it as a traditional bistro. I had a Muffaletta sandwich for $9. I should say I had a half of a Muffaletta because that's all they give you. It gave with kettle chips. Not withstanding the penurious portion size, I have to report that the sandwich was excellent. It had quality ingredients. The service (3) was good and more than adequate for the crowd (10). The place seats about 20 inside and 40 outside. It's smaller than it looks from the road. It's a mostly wood structure and a little dark. They have a small bar. The menu is mostly american classics. It's more of a gastro-pub. They don't or can't wow you with their creativity. I found the prices a little high for the area. Apps were close to entree prices. It's not the best value for this type of fare, but, it wasn't bad by any stretch. It just had nothing to separate it from the multitude of similar choices. They need to make the menu more challenging or drop the prices by a third to be a recommendation.

No comments: