Friday, September 30, 2011

Coco Loco Cantina, Winter Park - Closed

I had some food to go at this Mexican+ restaurant on Fairbanks near Spatz Pool Hall on Wednesday. I had the (get this) 4 tacos with a drink for $5. It's one of five $5 lunches they offer. To put this in perspective, 4 tacos and a soda at Taco Bell is approximately the same price. But, at Taco Bell you get 1/4 of the "meat" (wasn't it proven they barely can claim meat). This is a steal and any self respecting college student or skin flint needs to get their ass over here before they smarten up. Back to the tacos. The ground beef was a little bland. It's like what you get when you try and make tacos at home. But, did I mention - $5! The owner said he hails from Buffalo and has recreated the Anchor Bar's (where they invented the Buffalo Wing) experience with regards to chicken wings (the + in Mexican+). I went there this summer and if they are anywhere near the same I demand that you go and try them. If we can get the Anchor Bar experience without having to go to Buffalo I will be recompensed for all these gratuitous, philanthropic posts. Pressure's on Coco Loco. The place is small. It used to be a barbeque place. I forget the name and couldn't get a result when I searched this site for barbeque or BBQ. I guess that didn't work out. I can't remember when 4 Rivers opened. Maybe that crushed them. At any rate, it's mostly the same layout. They said they re-did the floors this summer. They have TVs and and a bar and are trying every way imaginable to get customers. They have a gimmick/special every day. I just hope the location isn't a dead zone. It may be too far away from the school and offices. I doubt they want the riff raff that remains. The theme may also be too saturated. Maybe the wings can be the hook. Maybe they can get the Dads who have to watch their kids play lacrosse in the park behind them. Good luck. I know you are trying. Somebody has to respect that.

No comments: