Sunday, May 20, 2012

Chirico, Orlando

I popped in to this Chinese/Puerto Rican (hence the name I guess) restaurant on my way back from the airport on Friday night. It's on 436. It was closing in ten minutes (10 pm) so I could only order something to go. It was just as well because it doesn't look that great inside. I have passed this place for years and I even remember checking it out once (because of its big sign), but, I could have sworn it looked closed when I checked. Well. obviously it isn't. The food wasn't that bad. I wanted chicken enchilada, but, somehow they heard chicken anaranjado (Orange Chicken). It cost $6.50. It didn't make me sick. It had some nice white meat pieces. The sauce wasn't too syrupy. The fried rice might have been cooked that day. I'm not sure how Puerto Rican this menu is. Tostones, mofongo and fried pork chops are the only evidence (other than the bilingual menu) of that cuisine. This place is a high volume, cheap Chinese take out joint with some booth seating. Don't rush to experience it.

No comments: