Thursday, May 24, 2012

The White Cup, Sanford

I had a mango smoothie at this coffeehouse yesterday. I don't drink them so I can't tell you if it was any good. I just wasn't ordering coffee when it was over 90 degrees out. It's mostly girlie drinks. They had some pastries and PB&J. I have to believe that these places are a prime reason for the obesity problem in women over the last ten years. They think that because the word "coffee" is involved that all the crap they put into it doesn't factor in. This place is mostly a stage. They must sponsor alot of live music shows. They stay open pretty late. When I first came in, I thought it was a music shop that didn't take down the coffeehouse sign. The art on the wall (for sale) further confused me. The food and drinks are in the back. It's not my scene. Bars with live "noise" are bad enough. I don't get why anyone would put up with it sober. Maybe this is the next step for recovering alcoholic baby boomers or millenials on prescription drugs. The people were nice so I don't want to discourage you if this is your thing. It just doesn't have anything outstanding to recommend itself. It is on 1st St.  

No comments: