Friday, July 24, 2015

Aki, I Drive - Closed

I must have last been to this Japanese restaurant in a now decrepit strip mall behind that Pirate show arena ten years ago. Then it was considered a top tier sushi spot. The market has improved and this place has gone backwards. It's now just a place. I had a sushi lunch for $9 two Wednesday's ago. The portion was generous if not good. One tuna roll with terrible tuna scraps. One California roll with the wood shaving type of fake crab. One piece of tuna (a little better than the roll), one piece of soft, hot, old, ammonia tasting Talapia (I don't know how my ass didn't explode with that), one piece of shrimp and one piece of ok salmon. A good miso soup and a salad with a soy dressing came along for the ride. The place seats 40. It was about half full at 2pm. The place is 20 years old and looks it. It wasn't much to begin with. Maybe the chef gets his balls back at dinner. I can only suggest it if you just want to get fed now. I think they dropped the pride they used to take to satisfy the lunkheads that ended up eating there. Closed Sunday.

No comments: