Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Grub Crawl - New Smyrna Beach: Mom's Home Cooking and Stavro's

 I tried these places on US 1 (Dixie) two Saturdays ago. Both are north (left) of 44. The first is on the right side after the Dairy Queen. The second is on the left. I believe I only have two places in this vacinity to go.

Mom's Home Cooking - A breakfast and lunch place that closes at 2pm. Cash only. Open since 1981. No frills, sqaure, white room with Grandma artwork. Good value. I had two eggs over easy, links sausage, home fries and toast for $6.75. I had something else for $1.55 (or that was for the sausage and it wasn't that great a value) on the receipt. I forget what that could have been. Eggs were cooked properly. Came out fast. They have a full breakfast and lunch menu. They were pushing the hand molded hamburgers. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Stavro's - I grabbed a slice for $4. It wasn't bad, but, that is too expensive. It was a thick, short slice with lots of pepperoni. spicy tomato sauce. Ok cheese. They also sell apps, grinders, wings, salads, pasta, wraps, ciabatta-wiches, gyros, stomboli and calzones. Better pricing there. The room is a bland square.

*This and the next will be short because I think I'm trying a bunch of places this week and you probably are sick of hearing about NSB.


No comments: