Sunday, February 5, 2023

Kabab King, OBT/Central Florida Parkway Area

I tried this spot in a big strip mall on OBT past Central Florida Parkway yesterday at lunch. They term it Zabiha Hallal Pakastani and Indian Cuisine. It was very good. I had the Murgh Cholay for $11. It was pieces of on the bone chicken (4) in a thick red "stew" with chickpeas. A huge portion. I stuffed myself and still took half home. I asked for medium low heat. It was still spicy. Great flavor. It also came with basmati rice. A little dry. The menu has many interesting things. Dishes like; brain (they were out of it), nihari (stew), haleem (stew), goat paya (legs), boti (chunks of meat), etc. They offer up apps, breads, biryani, rolls/sandwiches, lassi/drinks, dessert and even a breakfast dish. All the meals I saw were humungous. People gasped at the size. I mean "family" size portions. Even the naan was twice the plate size. The decor is a different story. Not much. The place looks old even though they opened a year ago. Two rooms. Waiter service. I thought it was going to be gyro/shwarma type fast food restaurant. It's not that at all. You (or at leat I) don't see a ton of Pakistani (Northern Indian) options around. That alone makes it interesting. A great value. They even took 20% off since it is their anniversary. They have a buffet on Sat and Sun from 12p to 3p. Closed on Tuesday. 

No comments: