Friday, October 23, 2009

Citrus Bowl - UFL Tuskers v Redwoods

I attended the United Footbal League game last night. I paid $15 (plus $5 for parking. $10 in their lot) for a second tier seat on the 20. However, I easily moved to the 45. Could have had any seat I wanted if it mattered. The quality of play was good. Few penalties. On the down side TV timeouts lasted an eternity. The halftime show was kind of good. It had an old school feel that I found superior to what most pro teams try and cobble together. Just a high school marching band and some low trajectory fire works. The half time was also short (maybe the length of one of those TV timeouts). The best thing was the price (although I think I was the only one who actually paid for his ticket). The worst thing(s) were the parking that cost as much as the ticket for a beta version of a league and the fact that this joke of a stadium can never accept credit cards. Also, the merchandise (I think outsourced) was reasonable. I bought a sweatshirt for $35 (was $65 for the XFL) and a penant for $10. Food was the same ridiculousness as usual. $10 for a corn dog with fries? I got sushi for $10 at Yankee Stadium this summer. Citrus Bowl anything should be half price. You should be glad we risk our lives and our cars by coming to this ghetto at all.

They say 12, 000 people were there. I counted about 10 sections on each side with around 100 people in them. That's 2,000. That being said, I hope they come back next year. It was worth the effort. Tusker's Rumble. How about a Squeal? You got a purty mouth.

No comments: