Tuesday, December 20, 2011

College Park Cafe, College Park

I grabbed an egg salad sandwich to go from this dive diner on Edgewater Dr on Saturday. It was $6.25. There was some confusion when I asked for mustard on it. They thought I meant instead of mayo and even though I thought I worked it out with the waitress, I got a chopped hard boiled egg sandwich without anything else. Needless to say it wasn't memorable. Neither is the place. Well not in a good way anyway. I only went in to knock it off my list. I'm actually reticent about reviewing it. I don't suggest you go. Why are there (4 to my count) so many dive diners on Edgewater Dr? It looks decrepit. It's overpriced for the basic fare they serve. Of course it was packed with gastronomic morons getting fleeced. It's run by Croatians (a propos of nothing) and staffed with immigrants from other minor Eastern European countries that you've probably never heard of. You would think they would serve something, anything regional. But, the hayseeds that eat there would probably eschew it. And like Forest Gump, that is all I have to say about that.

No comments: