Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Which Wich, Sand Lake

I ordered a sandwich to go at this sandwich shop next to World of Beer in the complex that includes Morton's on Friday night. I love everything about it except that there isn't one near me. You order by first selecting a brown, hero shaped bag with the type of meat you want on it. There is a list of options that you check off on the bag. You then hand the bag to the cashier. They fill the bag. I had a 7 inch (smallest) Beef & Whiz (cheese whiz). My options were: hot or cold, bowl, size, extras (ie double meat), cheeses, mustards, mayos, spreads and sauces, dressings, onions, veggies, and oils and spices. In each group you have a number of choices. Every meat has different options associated with them. They even have weird things like Elvis' style PB and Bacon and Shrimp Po' Boys. The Psuedo-Philly Cheesesteak I made was $5. The beef didn't really cut it for a cheesesteak, but, at least they tried to be inventive with its application. I just wanted to see the whiz. The whiz and bread were good. It warmed up well the next day. The place seats about 40. It's new and fun. Everything about this place is new and fun. It puts the other sandwich shops to shame. Even if it is a little more, it is worth it. More options. I thinks they had soups. If you choose "bowl" it becomes a salad. They are open pretty late. They save copies of the newspaper for you to read.

No comments: