Friday, December 16, 2011

Kona Dogs Food Truck, Winter Park

I ordered a regular beef dog to go from this Hawaiian style hot dog food truck on Orlando Ave. It was $5. They have a shack next to Wet 'n Wild on I Drive too. They have three types of wieners (beef, pork, veggie). It came with a choice of three toppings. (Boy this is becoming suggestive. Can you imagine if Nature made that happen in real life? Three types of wieners that come with different sauces. Wait it gets better). Each sauce had options within the category. I just went with their namesake sauce (something sweet and garlicky). They put on way too much. Forgetting the caloric damage, it is just gross in large quantities. I think it can be substituted for K-Y in a pinch. But, after I wiped 90% of it off, it didn't ruin the dog. The dog was ok. It's rather obscene in its proportions. They shove it some kind of Hawaiian sweet roll that they hollow out the center of on a heated spike. I can't say I would go back for another, but, I wouldn't refuse one if I had to either. That's what she said.

No comments: