Friday, December 16, 2011

Silver Bistro Food Truck, Winter Park

While driving home from lunch, I spotted The Winter Park Food Truck Stop for International Street Food on Orlando Ave (17-92) in between Maitland and Winter Park. It is now the "parking lot/open for business sometimes" location for dozens of our favorite food trucks. On this day (Wednesday), the Lobster Roll, Capt D, Winter Park Fish Co, Taste Buds (Venezuelan), Kona Hot Dogs and this truck were serving lunch. The Crepe truck and Swe-dish truck were there but closed. Lunch is 11-2 (I think). I also know they have a block party of sorts every Thursday from 6-10pm (I think) where every truck serves and they have music and seating.

The Siver Bistro is run by a nice guy who is trying his luck at the food truck business for the first time. He appears to have a steady menu (a permanent sign versus chalkboard) of four items; Miami Seoul (a Cuban with Kim Chi), a chicken something sandwich, a cheese steak, and an Elvis (pb with j or fluff and bacon). The meat sandwiches were $8 for a large and $5 for a small. The Elvis was $4. He also had a grilled cheese special for $2 and some other things. You can add a drink and chips for $1.50 (I think). I had the Miami Seoul. It was good without the Key Lime Aioli, great with it. The aioli was thin and wet. Almost a dressing. The Kim Chi was mild and dry. It didn't nauseate like it does in a taco. The ham and pork were fine. It came out fast (cooked to order). I tried to have just one bite before dinner, but, had to at least finish off half before my stomach would release my brain and I could concentrate on other things.

No comments: