Sunday, April 13, 2014

Grub/Pub Crawl - College Park: NYPD Pizza, The Local and Woody's American Italian Grill

I tried to make up for the Mimi's disappointment by clearing the last of College Park off my list. They are on Edgewater in between the town's center and Lee Rd.


NYPD Pizza - I had a slice for $2. Like all the other locations - pretty good.

The Local - Really just a normal pool table and dart board bar. I thought it would be hipper or hipster-er. I had 5 wings for $5. They were good. Crisp. Fresh, clean celery. The menu was pretty uninspired. The beer selection is pretty uninspired. Like I said, really just a bar. Plus, for a place called College Park, I don't think I've ever seen more than a couple of girls in all my visits there that would fill that description.

Woody's American Italian Grill - They said the new owner bought this and added Italian to the menu. I had a Chicken Parm Hero for $8. It was ok. The sauce was good (just tomatoes). I think they did "the splash water on the stale bun to revive it" trick. The place looked safe. It's not in a great area, so, expectations are probably low. It is probably one of the more dependable places for the neighborhood, but, you don't need to go here.

No comments: