Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Bad As's Sandwich, Milk District

I grabbed a Bad As's to go at this sandwich spot on Saturday night. It's in the building that Seven Bites used to occupy. Go to 50 near the airport and turn on N. Primrose. The sandwich cost $10 and consisted of two slices of pastrami (beef), healthy piles of shredded pork and chicken, chips, some veg and a garlic aioli (on a sub roll). Plus a side of home made chips. It was very "Puerto Rican" in flavor and make up. I think that's their bailiwick. I find these combinations a bit overwhelming. Very rich (and in this case, garlicky). The pastrami can't be located. In texture or taste. The chicken and pork kind of disappear into each other. They were both very salty. The chips aren't necessary (and I put chips in all my sandwiches and ff in my burgers). The pickled onions (the brightness) are overwhelmed by the garlic. It's a sloppy mess. Not a bad mess. Just a bunch of stuff that is probably better off individually. That said, I enjoyed it (picking each item off individually with my fingers) and the quality was good. The portion was generous. They have around six other "staple" sandwich that use the three meats written about. Plus three specials. I think they had a breakfast menu. They renovated the inside. I think they have been open for four months. I think their story is that they were the food truck behind the building when Seven Bites was the tenant.

No comments: