Monday, May 15, 2017

Tomoka Brewing Company, Port Orange

This place was not on that Sentinel list. I found it in a local magazine. Plus I've had their beer, so I wanted to see the brewery. This is a brewery/restaurant. It is at 4967 South Cyde Morris Blvd. That is around a quarter mile on the right if you make a left off SR 421/Dunlawton. Second left, I think. Not sure what exit is off 95. I take 46 to 95 or I4 to Daytona and backtrack one exit on 95 to get to 421. I came here on my way back from the TPC on Saturday night. I just wanted to try a flight, but, it was dinner time and I knew I'd be too tired to go out locally, so I tried some of the food. I didn't order anything "difficult", but, I liked what they gave me. I had a bowl of their green chili for $6 and a table prepared bowl of guac and chips for $10. The chili had some pork in it, but, was very vegetable oriented. More of a ratatouille. Pretty hot. Came with some soft tortillas for some reason. The guac seemed endless. I almost made myself sick finishing it. So filling. It would have been as good as it can get if they mixed the onions, etc more evenly. Chips were fresh. also, came with a sweet tomato salsa. They also have a pretty inclusive menu and "major" in pizza. A step above "sports bar" food. The place looks nice. I mostly remember polished wood. They had sports on tv. A big bar on the right. Service was great. The stuff came out fast. It seemed popular. And the beer was good. One of the more pleasant experiences I've had in Port Orange. And there is some kind of old timey ice cream stand on the corner. Rittner's? Ritter's? Will try it next time i'm in town.

No comments: