Monday, May 15, 2017

Pat's Riverfront Cafe, Port Orange

I had lunch at here on Friday. It is located at the Seven Seas Marina at 3300 South Peninsula Dr (make a left after the bridge on Dunlawton Ave). It's a little dive that is open for breakfast and lunch (7am to 2pm). It is on the river/intercoastal. I had a fried flounder and FF plate for $9 because they were talking about catching flounder in Jacksonville on the radio. I'm not sure if these were local or prepared there of just defrosted as is. The quality left me uncertain. I could make an argument for any of those possibilities. However, what it lacked in quality was made up for in quantity. Two giant pieces over a plate of french fries. They fry on both was good. And that's that. The place is dingy. My glass was sticky. Service was polite and efficient. They could have cleaned off the other tables more quickly. They serve typical breakfast stuff and burgers and sandwiches a a few rotating daily specials. Some Pennsylvania oddities like scrapple. Pat is a she. Cash only. One more place to go on that Sentinel list for this area. It re-opens (hurricane damage) in October.

No comments: