Friday, August 1, 2008

Marios, Lake Mary - Closed

I popped in for a quick spaghetti and meatballs jones, but when I saw that it was $11.25 for what costs $1 for a box of spaghetti and maybe $2 for a pound of meat, I settled on a meatball sub for $6.50. Now let me say that it tasted ok (yet skimpy) if eaten as served, but if you tried the meatballs seperately you would have tasted the following. The meatballs (maybe two mediums sliced up to fill the whole sub) must have been 1/2 breadcrumbs. They disintegrated. What was left tasted like Alpo. The sauce and cheese were meager. So meager that I can't really comment on the quality. The roll was nice (best part). Just add this place to the support column of my previous tirade against all non-high class italian eateries. If Subway used their bread they would trounce this place. They still win (even with the horrible bread).

I would suggest that they lower their prices by half to get in line with their place in the quality circle because we know they won't improve the restaurant. The atmosphere is drab (horrible frescos in a hallway like footprint). The menu is boring. The ingredients are sub-standard. The execution is poor. I usually wouldn't even condecsend to review a place like this, but, it was so bad I felt I needed to warn others.

No comments: