Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Memories of India, Lake Mary

I had lunch at Memories of India on Tuesday. I've been here many times before and appreciate the value. I had the Lamb Kada Masala (I've had everything chicken) for $8.95. The lamb was tough (old or overcooked or both) and scarce (4 cubes). I would stick to chicken. The sauce is a masala (tomato cream) with scallions and some other additives. It's good here. It came with nan, basmati rice, that green tomatillo looking sauce, chutney, yogurt and that peppery flat crisp. The flavors are all good and plenty. Although, I still am not sure what to do with the condiments even after having it (attempted) explained to me a couple of times. The place is a little dingy (old sandwich shop). The service was good. The presentation was usual (metal buffet plate). The place was clean and about half full.

I would only suggest a little more ambience and ingredient quality. Though what do you expect for $8.95.

No comments: