Monday, March 19, 2012

Magnolia Square Market, Sanford

I bought some food products and a sandwich to go (Liverwurst) from this offshoot from the people at Hollerbach's on Saturday. It's near the theater. It brought back the smile I lost at lunch. It is the best thing that has happened to Sanford - ever! It deals mostly in German items, but, they have things like a whole home brewing section too. It's like a good Whole Foods (like they have in SoHo) opened up in Sanford. If Whole Foods only sold German things. In addition to the supermarket like items, they have a whole deli. They were making corned beef to go for people on St Patrick's Day. They have a bunch of sandwich options. I went with the wurst because my mother used to eat it when I was a kid and I thought it was foul. But, that fat bastard Andrew Zimmern has me trying all kinds of disgusting things nowadays. It wasn't bad. I can say it's added to the rotation. It was under $5. They have wine and beer from Germany. Lots of cheeses. Music. Apparel. Just go try it. It's brand new and looks modern (except for the wall menu handwriting) and spotless. They seemed to have a loyal following. I believe it has been open for a year, so, I whiffed on bringing you a scoop.

No comments: