Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pub Crawl - Lake Mary : Stonewood Grill, Tilted Kilt

Saint Patrick's Day

8-9pm: Stonewood Grill - I popped in to grab an app and some drinks. When I saw that the apps were as much or more than the burger ($12), I had to be sensible. The burger was thick. The toppings were fresh. The Parmesan wedges were good. The main flaw was that the burger was well done. I asked for medium. I've been here many times (but never reviewed it) and I don't want to expound on it in a pub crawl timeline. It's a "fine dining" spot for the middle class. They don't do anything out of the box so it appeals to the guy who thinks Tommy Bahama is couture. It's fine if all you know is chain food. I just find the whole concept of these places dull. It's not bad if the cook on duty is paying attention and not a retard. But, it's like hearing a cover band. There were no singles here except the staff. I really only went because they sent me a sweet discount that was about to expire and it was on the way to my ultimate destination.

9pm-11pm: Tilted Kilt - I went here with the hope that it would be better than the Promenade celebration. I seem to always forget to show up early on this night. If timing is the issue then showing up early at this place was not the solution. It was mainly old crows. It seemed like more people were here to have dinner than to Get Green. It never became better. Maybe it picked up by the time I left, but, I doubt it. The first to leave were the desirable. Maybe they went to the the Promenade? Serves me right for trying to avoid downtown and a DUI in the first place?

No comments: