Thursday, October 23, 2014

Club Crawl - Downtown: Sideshow, Aero and Olde 64

These places are all new and replaced One Eyed Jack's, Sky Bar, Bar-B-Q and Eye Spy. I went on Saturday night.

9-9:30pm: Sideshow - They did a great job here. It has freak show art. The bar is huge and in the middle. It was totally full of FSU fans. I could have stayed here, but, it was so packed and I had to try the other.

9:30pm-12am: Aero - It looks almost the same as Sky. They redid the "cabanas". They connected the old Eye Spy and Bar-B-Q to here, so, I bounced between the three. It started getting a mixed crowd at 11pm. The free cover seems to brought in a different crowd.

Olde 64 - This replaces Bar-B-Q. It was almost identical in look and crowd. It collected the "whitey" hipster crowd. The smoking policy ruined it for me. I'm not sure if the Eye Spy part has a different name. The layout is the same. The back rooms have some interesting decor. One has old fashioned TV's and one is all big TV's. The music mash ups were kind of poorly chosen.

*It seems like most of the clubs have discontinued covers and raised drink prices.

No comments: