Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Vinzo's, Casselberry

I had a dinner to go at this very new Italian restaurant near Colorado Fondue Company off 436 on Friday. It's a replacement for a little pizzeria that was next door (same owner). I had a $3 slice that was huge. I was going to bitch about the price, but, it was the size of a slice and a half. It was ok. Not too much sauce (they say just Roma tomatoes) and a small crust. I thought it had too much cheese. I also had a 8" Chicken Parmigiana hero for $ 6. It was ok. Too little cheese. Both things came out in under three minutes, so, I guess it was pre-prepared and just assembled. That's the vibe I got from the place. They redid the interior very nicely, but, I fear that the food won't match up. They have a large menu and a few ambitious dishes. It's like they couldn't abandon the old "pizzeria" mindset. I hope they haven't "middled" their way out of a customer base or spent all this money just to keep their old clientele. There is a brewery opening up next door. Hopefully, that will pull people into this unfortunate location. It's right by the new overpass. That can't help an already floundering strip mall. It is also impossible to get back on 436 from the parking lot. They do have a competitive pricing strategy. The most expensive thing is $17 (shrimp dish). They have quite a few non-Italian options. To me that is a bad sign.

No comments: