Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Grille at Riverview, New Smyrna Beach

I went to this restaurant on Flagler and the intercoastal (behind the hotel) Sunday afternoon. It's under the drawbridge. I liked it alot. It's a big place (100 inside and out). I was told (Sentinel) to try the cheeseburger. It was good. I wanted it medium rare, but, it was well done. It was a nice size and the cheese was melted properly. The veg and bun were fresh. It came with fries or potato salad. I chose potato salad and it was good. I think they had slivers of sweet potato in it. The meal cost $10. They also had a nice brunch menu and I checked the dinner menu and it was extensive. This is old school dining, but, not ossified. The place looks similarly. It has the bones of an older restaurant with some flourishes. It has alot of brick. The deck is nice. The view is great. The service was polite. I would do without the live "warbler", but, I guess the manager has to have someone to sleep with. Prices reflect its probable positioning as the town's most enduring fine dining alternative. Don't worry about a dress code for brunch (at least) though.

No comments: