Sunday, October 12, 2014

Ms. Pat's Fish and Wings, Sanford

I achieved the seemingly impossible Friday night. I found a time when this fish and wing place was open for business. I had tried no fewer than five times before then (different days and times) to eat here. They don't have their hours listed on the door (or anywhere). The locals were always wrong (or disingenuous) with their information. It turns out that they work a nail grinding four nights a week (W-Sa). They had a sign that said they were starting lunch last Monday. Good thing I didn't believe them because when I asked they said that didn't happen. They had to have some indescribable cuisine to get a recommendation. They didn't. I had 8 wings with fries for $8. The wings were tiny. They did add two wings to even things out. They were fine. The fries were under cooked. It took twenty minutes to get the order out. I know wings take a while, but, I think they'd take that long on a sandwich. It seems like the slightest rush could overwhelm the single preparer (Pat). They also serve fried fish. I presumed the fish would be frozen so I avoided it. I saw a plate come out and it looked ok. Don't ask me why the have don't have fried chicken if they have fried fish. They must have at least two fryers if they have wings. The place has four tables that looked alot like the ones at Shantell's. I wonder if they have a relationship. The place is fairly new and clean. Four other groups came in after me. One ordered a burger and they didn't have any. One person had a huge to go order that could have gummed up the in house dining (I think it came in early enough that it didn't). They also have shrimp fried rice, shrimp, pork chops and a cheesesteak. They have six sides. It's on 4th St near Buster's. It has been open for a year. That is really more pub than they deserve. It's just too quixotic (in the sense that they are more in love with the dream of having a restaurant than operating one) for me. It's not a place an A type personality can appreciate.

No comments: