Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Royal Indian Cuisine, Casselberry

I had the buffet lunch at this new Indian restaurant on 436 on Friday. It has been open for ten days and replaced Brick and Fire. The inside has been decorated with light brick walls and the rear is cordoned off into a private area now. The buffet cost $10. I tried to try almost everything for you people. They had four chicken dishes - tandoori, butter, masalandar and one other (I think - Rogan). The tandoori was not undercooked like it can be in alot of places. The butter was a little salty and I think they shred the old tandoori for it. The other two were good and consisted of big chunks of breast meat. Both were in a red sauce. They had a light green daal and a mushroom dish for the vegetarians. They had basmati rice and a briyani with potatoes and other vegetables in it. They had a home made paneer dish. They had a dessert made of semolina and sugar that was pink. They had padam (I always see it called papadam) and naan. They also had a salad and condiment area that I didn't sample. They had one un-Indian dish which was a corn fritter/nugget. The service (2) was good. They gave me 3 refills. The owner is from Nepal. Maybe that means less frugality. The place seats about 60. It has representative art and photos from the region. The tables and seat are wood. It's not embarrassing itself. I wish them luck.

No comments: