Thursday, February 2, 2017

JK Thai and Sushi, Mountt Dora

Nothing excites me more (JK) than when I see disparate cuisines offered up on the the same menu (JK). That is why I tried this Thai Sushi play (JK) on 5th Ave (the one you drive in on) near the center of town on Sunday. JK, my tum tum wasn't ready for Western food stuffs quite so soon upon returning home. BTW - if you haven't given Indonesian cuisine a go yet, may I suggest you seek (or search) out Babi Guling, Pepes, Ayam or Bebek Goreng, Baso Iga, Batagor and produce such as mangosteen, salak (snake skin fruit) and jack fruit (tastes like artichoke). I'm back. I had the lemongrass chicken with rice for $10. Mostly because they were closing (at 3pm) and I didn't want anything curry-ish thanks to an EVA airlines meal. It was predictably bad. Some of the chicken was stale (almost plastic in texture). Some was gristly. Some was rubbery. The rice was over cooked. The sauce was reduced too far down. The sushi part of the menu is roll heavy. A bad sign. The few fish I saw at the "sushi bar" looked worn. The environment is unappealing. Bad decor. Bad layout. You can skip this with assurance.

No comments: