Saturday, August 29, 2020

Greek To Go, Maitland - Closed

 I tried this Greek spot on North Orlando (17-92) on Monday afternoon. It's between the light rail station and the new condo complexes. In a strip mall. Near that drive in looking sandwich place (Snappy's?) that must be a million years old. I grabbed a beef and lamb gyro to go for $7. It was par for the course. A bit better perhaps. The meat was pre-carved. I hate that. But, they said the fuzz won't let them keep the meat on the rotisserie for more than two hours. Not sure if that is bs. In any case, it was ok. Veg were fresh. Pita was warm and fluffy. Tzatziki was fine. They serve pork, beef and chicken gyros and platters. Falafel. Typical side dishes. Dolmades. Spanakopita. Tiropita (cheese pie). I think I saw a sign for weekend fish specials. Open for five months. A few seats. rectangular flow. A few decorations. I remember tables made from (atop) barrels. 

*My trip here was circuitous to say the least. I tried for a place at Apna Bazaar (I forgot it is closed on Monday) all the way down OBT. Didn't they used to be nearer to Sand Lake Rd? Then backtracked through downtown to East End Market. Tried to find the fried chicken sandwich guy. Found out it was a truck and had moved out. Bakery (Old Hearth?) and place across the aisle had closed. FYI. Then on to Meatball Stoppe on Lake Underhill (near 436). It says on the net that they are open for lunch. Nah. Opens at 3pm for some reason. Then I tried moving on to Winter Park and Big Belly Grindz on Aloma. Out of business. Tried sushi at a place in Maitland. Boku or something. Sign and door info says open for lunch. Fourth time. On different days and times. Never open. So I ended up at Greek. I saw alot of closures driving around will have to update you. One more after this one. Will include some trip updates.

No comments: