Sunday, August 9, 2020

Phoresh, Curry Ford Rd

 I grabbed an eye round steak pho to go from this Pho+ spot on South Chickasaw Trail just off Curry Ford Rd (old Pizzeria Roberti spot) on Tuesday around three pm. It's hard to report on the quality because I brought it home for dinner and nuked the broth and meat. That said, the meat quality seemed good and the broth and add ins seemed similar to almost every pho I've been offered. Fresh though. I doubt they make their own broth. It cost $10. The rest of the menu has beef ball, flank or brisket options. Plus white or dark meat chicken and crispy or regular tofu on the pho side. They also have the Vietnamese rice or vermicelli options for chicken, pork, tofu or spring roll toppers. They also have summer rolls, special summer rolls and spring rolls. They go off script with a Roti Paratha cake (Malayasian I think), fried rice, pad thai, baos, yum squid (Thai I think) and chicken wings tossed in garlic butter and fish sauce (wish I saw that but probably a fat bomb). Pad Thai is the most dear at $11. The rest was in low to middle single digits. The place looks different. They put the kitchen on the left. I think they opened less than six months ago. I've been encouraging Vietnamese places to break out. This wasn't what I was thinking of, but, it does make it more interesting. If I lived closer, I would give the other items a taste. Love the word play on the name.


*I forgot to add on the last diatribe against the Orwellian food police that they are going to bring in the big tech giants like Google (now I'm really going to be banned) to use AI (ala China) to "monitor" all the data collected from the food supply network. Including all that data from your "rewards" programs.

No comments: