Thursday, August 6, 2020

Sixty Vines, Winter Park

I tried this Texas based California cuisine chain at dinner over a week ago. It's in that new strip mall across from Trader Joe's (insert spi-Cola joke here) on Orlando Ave (17-92). It was better than I expected. It's big. Five 10 seaters in the middle. Big bar in between main dining room and large enclosed patio by the road. High tops between the bar and the ten seaters. Seats by the pizza oven and behind the high tops. Probably seats 100+. It has a Restoration Hardware feel/look. Light wood. Black and white tones. Exposed kitchen. The menu wasn't very large. Fair prices. I had a half order of the pappardelle with short ribs and carrots. The pasta was good. Thick. Nice bite. It cost $10. I had the Lemon Roasted Chicken (half a chicken) for $18 as an entree. It was also good. Good skin. A tad dry for some. My social climbing step family believes that the rarer the meat, the rarer the breeding. My, non-downstairs, part of the family believe real people of breeding make the rules. As such, a firmer bird is not a sign of poor execution. I concur. I don't like a slimy texture to my fowl. I find it foul. I will also trade some moisture for a crispier skin. The dish came with roasted potatoes. There were alot of them. Nice flavor. A few chunks were under cooked. The rest of the menu had more lunch type items than I expected. Sandwiches, dips, burgers. I believe they had a chop and a steak. And pizza. They looked good going by. A few more things. Maybe a fish. I kind of remember a Noah's Ark approach. Except one of every kind instead of two. They opened March 16. Only one in Florida. They also had booze. They just stopped offering bottles of wine (the waiter said they are selling them off if you want to make an offer). They use "kegs" and sell by the size (4). Service was very good. They started serving lunch this week. I'd recommend that you try it. It might squeak into the Favorites. I'd write more, but, these dicks at blogger have changed their platform once again and my browser isn't working well with it. 

*I'll have some trip info in future posts. I have around four or five more to catch up on this week. Be ready for a new one almost every day

No comments: