Monday, August 10, 2020

Taqueria Las Cazuelas, East Colonial (50)

 I tried this Mexican spot in the short lived Gyroville spot (strip mall west of UCF area) on 50 last Tuesday. I grabbed four tacos to go and ate them in the car. They all cost $2 except for the lengua. It cost an extra 50 cents. I also tried a barbacoa, a carnitas and a carne asada. They also offer pollo, pastor, nopales, pescado, camaron, salchicha (hot dog), jamon and milanesa (breaded). They also sell those as tortas, burritos, quesadilla, sopes, gorditas, chimichanga, tostadas, bowls, salad and nachos. They also offer up some more complex dishes such as: flautas, enchiladas, fajitas, parillada, chuletas (pork chops), arracher a la plancha (grilled skirt steak), pechuga asada (grilled chicken breast) and caldo de res (beef soup). They also do breakfast (all day) and seafood like: shrimp cocktail, soup, two shrimp dishes and two tilapia filets. They do a menudo de res and pozole on the weekends. They also have guac and elote. The handheld stuff tops out at $10 for the chimi. The others at $17 for the shrimp parillada. I had onion and cilantro on my tacos. You can "supreme" them (lettuce, cheese, sour cream and tomato) for 25 cents. My tacos were overflowing. Two would have been enough. The beef ones were a little bland. The pork was tastier. The only issue was the tortillas. They were not warmed/grilled enough. I want to say not at all. And the hot sauce was just pureed peppers. They may have gone bad. That or they just naturally made my insides boil over. I was expecting way less from this place. It was better than I could have hoped for. Every town needs one of these. Unfortunately, my town does not have one. I believe they opened under six months ago.

No comments: