Friday, November 6, 2009

Breakfast Club, Downtown - Closed

After years of arriving past closing or forgetting it existed, I finally had a meal at this diner. It always piqued my curiosity because of it's referential relationship with an 80's movie and pop band. It's on Pine St across from Napasorn. I had something called Buttered Buttons because of its unfamiliarity. It cost $7.95. It was your basic choice of eggs (2) with choice of home fries, hash browns or fruit and and english muffin. The buttered button part was a portion of mushroom caps (10) covered with cheese. It was ok. The caps were wet and bland. Wet didn't exactly compliment the cheese or eggs. But, dry, stale caps would have been worse. The dish doesn't really work as a whole. The service was great. My over-caffienated waitress threw a glass of water in my face so quickly I decided to save 2 bucks and bypass my usual Diet Coke pick me up. The place looks like a coffe shop/diner. It's split into two rooms with the kitchen open in the back. The menu listed breakfast items, but, I saw a whiteboard with some sandwichy possibilities. It seats about 100. It was about half full with all types. Now if we could only get them to work a full day.

No comments: