Friday, November 6, 2009

Philly Style Hoagies, Downtown - Closed

I had a sandwich at this sub shop near the new Comerica building yesterday. I had a Tino (turkey, pepperoni, and pepperoni cheese) for $6.09. The place is a chain and this franchise is nothing more than a garage with a meat slicer. The only decorations are Philly area sports signage (I refrained from asking them their thoughts on the WS loss). The sandwich offerings are inventive. The Tino I had was a mixture I had never tried. I didn't even know they made pepperoni cheese. It was ok. The pepperoni (one thin layer) was poor quality (I mean Hormel makes a better product). The turkey loaf wasn't as awful as the loaf the serve at Chuck's, but it was loaf. You got about three layers of it. The bread was a nice attempt at a baguette, but it was not fully baked. It's a take out place with a slightly different spin than Mike's or Subway or Quiznos. Of course they make a cheese steak. They even have Whiz.

No comments: