Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jax, Lake Mary

I had lunch at this pub on Lake Emma Rd last Saturday. I've been here many times and only ordered wings or drinks. My loss. I had a bagel with salmon and avocado cups with shrimp. You're saying big deal. The bagel was large. The salmon was good. They topped it with caviar. The tomatos and onions were fresh and not just cut in a hunk and dropped on it. It came with a plentenous side of chips. I think it was a scant $7. Take that Einstein's. I also had a shrimp cup because I didn't think the bagel would be enough. It was. This was no mere tiny shrimp out of a can in pitted avocado halves. They scooped out the avocado and mixed it about with real shrimp and put it back in the shell so the shrimp were coated with avocado. Everyone should do it this way. It also came with chips. I must have left a bag full. I think it was $6. The service was good. For those who don't know, the place looks like a Swiss chalet. It seats 150+. It's usually mostly full on game days. They have many beers on tap and in the bottle.

No comments: